Camping is a beloved pastime that lets us get back to nature and enjoy the great outdoors. Whether you’re camping in a tent, trailer, or RV, there’s nothing like getting away from the hustle and bustle of city life and spending time in nature.
One of the best parts of camping is sitting around the campfire, roasting marshmallows, and making s’mores. But what if you want to mix things up a bit and try some new camping desserts? In this article, we’ll explore some of the best camping desserts that are easy to make and sure to delight your taste buds.
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
When it comes to camping desserts, it’s hard to beat a warm and gooey fruit cobbler. And with a Dutch oven, you can make a cobbler that’s just as good as the one you’d make at home.
- 2 cans of peaches in syrup
- 1 cup of Bisquick or other baking mix
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Drain the peaches and set aside the syrup.
- Melt the butter in the Dutch oven.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, milk, sugar, and peach syrup.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter in the Dutch oven.
- Spoon the peaches over the batter.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place it over the coals of the campfire.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the cobbler is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly.
- Use different fruit, such as apples, blackberries, or blueberries.
- Add cinnamon or other spices to the batter for extra flavor.
Campfire Banana Boats
If you’re looking for a fun and easy camping dessert that kids will love, look no further than campfire banana boats.
- Chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Aluminum foil
- Slice the banana lengthwise, leaving the peel intact.
- Fill the banana with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Wrap the banana tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place the banana on the campfire coals.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the chocolate and marshmallows are melted and the banana is soft.
- Add peanut butter or Nutella to the banana before adding the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Use different fillings, such as nuts, caramel, or dried fruit.
If you’re a fan of tropical flavors, you’ll love grilled pineapple. This easy camping dessert is a healthy and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Brown sugar
- Cut the pineapple into slices.
- Sprinkle each slice with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Grill the pineapple slices over the campfire coals.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until the pineapple is caramelized and tender.
- Add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to the grilled pineapple.
- Top the pineapple with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Who says you can’t have brownies while camping? With this easy recipe, you can enjoy the rich and fudgy goodness of brownies even when you’re miles away from the nearest oven.
- Brownie mix (plus ingredients required on the box)
- Aluminum foil
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the box.
- Pour the batter into a cast-iron skillet or aluminum foil-lined baking dish.
- Cover the skillet or dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the skillet or dish over the coals of the campfire.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the brownies are cooked through.
- Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the brownie batter.
- Top the brownies with marshmallows or whipped cream before serving.
Who doesn’t love donuts? And when they’re cooked over a campfire, they’re even better. With this simple recipe, you can make your own campfire donuts in no time.
- Canned biscuit dough
- Vegetable oil
- Cinnamon sugar
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over the campfire.
- Remove the biscuit dough from the can and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Roll each biscuit quarter into a ball.
- Drop the balls of dough into the hot oil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the donuts are golden brown.
- Remove the donuts from the skillet and roll them in cinnamon sugar.
- Add a filling to the donuts, such as Nutella, jam, or cream cheese.
- Top the donuts with glaze or frosting.
Camping is a great way to spend time with friends and family, and these easy camping desserts are sure to make your next camping trip even more memorable. From warm and gooey cobblers to crispy and sweet donuts, there’s a camping dessert for every taste. So grab your ingredients and head out into the great outdoors for some delicious and fun camping desserts.