Camping is a wonderful way to get out into nature and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. However, choosing the perfect destination for your camping van can be an overwhelming task. In this article, we will explore the top camping destinations for camping vans!
Yosemite National Park, California
Yosemite National Park is one of the most popular camping destinations for camping vans in the United States. This park boasts over 1,200 square miles of stunning natural beauty, including towering granite cliffs, lush forests, and cascading waterfalls. The park has numerous campsites that cater to camping vans, complete with electrical hookups and dump stations. At night, you can relax and stargaze under some of the darkest skies in the country.
Things to Do in Yosemite National Park
- Hike to the top of Half Dome for breathtaking views of the park
- Take a dip in the refreshing waters of the Merced River
- Go rock climbing on the granite cliffs
Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
Banff National Park is a must-see destination for any camping van enthusiast. The park is home to some of the most stunning scenery in North America, including snow-capped mountains, turquoise lakes, and abundant wildlife. The campsites in Banff are equipped with electrical hookups and modern amenities, and many offer stunning views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
Things to Do in Banff National Park
- Soak in the natural hot springs
- Take a scenic drive on the Icefields Parkway
- Go skiing or snowboarding at one of the nearby ski resorts
Joshua Tree National Park, California
Joshua Tree National Park is a unique destination that offers a stark contrast to the lush forests and mountain ranges of other camping destinations. This park is home to a fascinating desert landscape, complete with bizarre rock formations and ancient Joshua trees. The campsites in Joshua Tree are perfect for camping vans, with electrical hookups and dump stations available.
Things to Do in Joshua Tree National Park
- Go hiking on the park’s many trails
- Take a guided rock climbing tour
- Stargaze under the park’s dark skies
Zion National Park, Utah
Zion National Park is a breathtaking destination for any camping van enthusiast. The park boasts towering red sandstone cliffs, lush forests, and winding rivers. The campsites in Zion are designed to accommodate camping vans, with electrical hookups and dump stations available. At night, the park’s dark skies offer a perfect opportunity for stargazing.
Things to Do in Zion National Park
- Hike to the top of Angels Landing for stunning views of the park
- Go tubing or kayaking down the Virgin River
- Take a scenic drive on the Zion-Mount Carmel Highway
Acadia National Park, Maine
Acadia National Park is a hidden gem on the east coast of the United States. The park is home to a stunning coastline, forests, and mountains. The campsites in Acadia offer electrical hookups and modern amenities, and many offer stunning views of the surrounding ocean and mountains.
Things to Do in Acadia National Park
- Hike to the top of Cadillac Mountain for stunning views of the sunrise
- Take a scenic drive on the Park Loop Road
- Go sea kayaking or whale watching
Camping in a camping van is a wonderful way to explore the great outdoors. Whether you are an experienced camper or new to the world of camping, these top camping destinations are sure to provide you with an unforgettable adventure. So pack your bags, hit the road, and start exploring!